Hearts and Flowers


Happy Valentine's Day!
The heart shape has always been one of my favourite shapes not only because I like the shape itself but because of the symbolism that it represents love and friendship.
A few years ago I decided to challenge myself to design a quilt with a heart shape in each block.
This is a perfect quilt to celebrate a wedding, an anniversary, or a special friendship. The quilt pattern also includes extra blocks so that the quilt can be made rectangular, or with alternate plain blocks quilted with a feathered heart pattern. It also includes a border for a four block wall quilt for those who want a smaller project.

3 comments:

  1. I remember this pattern, I have this stashed away for my todo list. Funny how when patterns are brought back to us and we still would love to do them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This will be my next Quilt!
    greetings from Holland.
    with love,
    Ineke

    ReplyDelete