Penn Gregg's Woodland Creatures Quilt



Penn Gregg sends this photo of her prize winning Woodland Creature quilt which she made for her grandson, James. Penn's quilt won a Blue Ribbon in the Home & Craft over 70 Division and a "best in show" Purple Ribbon at the South Caroline State Fair, Columbia, South Carolina, 2009.

Penn and James very generously shared their prize money by donating to the Shizophrenia Society of Ontario and to the Canadian Wild Life Federation. Thanks so much for your thoughtful gifts.

Penn writes "James has the quilt on his bed and I think he loves it. He wrote me a wonderful thank you note, from which I quote '...I have never known anyone who has ever made something so beautiful. Thank you so much.'
So the eight years it took me to complete this project were, in my book and James' well worth the wait!"

No comments:

Post a Comment